Information You Provide
We collect information that you voluntarily provide The Lobby, such as when using our Services or registering an account with us, participating in a promotion or survey, requesting customer support or otherwise communicating with us. The type of information that we may collect includes your first and last name, email address, geo-location, phone number, date of birth, gender, friend connections, feedback that you provide, credit card information, photograph, resume, job and location preference information, forum posts, third-party account credentials (e.g. LinkedIn login credentials) or other identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, which may include any and/or all of the following:
- Use Information: We collect information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, engagement activity, interactions with other users, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. We also may store recordings of any calls you have through our Services for quality assurance purposes.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also collect information from features and functions offered by other sources such as social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. These features may collect your IP address, pages you visit on our website, or set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
How We Use Your Information
We may use and retain the information that we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Operate, improve, and optimize our Services;
- Create your user accounts and allow you to use our services;
- Identify, suggest, and facilitate connections with other users and personalize our Services to you;
- Facilitate communication between users;
- Fulfill your purchase and send you an order confirmation;
- Provide technical and customer support;
- Protect safety and well-being of our users;
- Protect our legal rights and property in connection with our Service;
- Manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- Notify users of platform updates, new products, promotions, and/or other marketing communication;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by The Lobby or our business partners, and notify contest winners and award prizes;
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends in connection with our Services;
- Enable you to post your resume and contact or be contacted by The Lobby and/or other users;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes that we may have with you or other users, and to enforce our agreements with third parties;
- Conduct research; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may use the information you provide about your friends via referral services made available through our Services.
Consent to Data Processing in the United States
The Lobby is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law.
By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing the information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location.
How We Share Your Information
We may use, disclose to our partners and vendors acting on our behalf, and/or publish aggregated, anonymous information about our users for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, provision of advertising, and other business purposes.
- We may use third-party service providers such as credit card processors, email service providers, shipping agents, data analyzers and business intelligence providers;
- The Lobby has the right to share your personal information as necessary for the aforementioned service providers to carry out work on our behalf;
- With other users in connection with the social features of the Services (e.g. your username, profile picture, and other identifiable information you provide us with will be visible to other users of the platform);
- We may disclose personal information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- or is otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- We may disclose your personal information if we have a reason to believe that a disclosure is necessary to address a potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, users or other who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage, or we believe such disclosure is necessary to protect The Lobby’s rights;
- Any information that you share in the course of contributing to user-generated content to our Services, such as forums, blogs or the like is public information and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality. The Lobby is not responsible for any personal information that you choose to make public in any of these forums; or
- In connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following information from within our Services:
- Performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement)
- Aggregated and/or de-identified information about you or other users collectively not intended to personally identify you
- Certain technical information (such as IP address, non-persistent device identifiers like IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifier like a hashed Android ID)
- Your social network ID
- Other contextual data about your usage of the services
Managing Your Information
The Lobby reserves the right to, but does not have the obligation to, verify the accuracy of your personal information, and the correctness of this information is solely your responsibility.
Upon request, The Lobby will let you know whether we hold any of your personal information.
You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by emailing us at [email protected] We will need sufficient information from you to establish your identity in order to fulfill your request. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will notify you via email that we are unable to do so and why.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality or our Services.
With your consent, we may send push notifications (or “alerts”) to your mobile device to provide user activity information, service updates, promotional communications and other related messages. You can deactivate push notifications by changing your notifications settings via your mobile device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from The Lobby by following the instructions in those messages or contacting us at [email protected] If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
When you use a smart phone or other mobile device to access our Services, with your permission we may collect your geo-location information to optimize user experience, such as for localization accuracy, language display, or the provision of relevant advertising. We will only collect such information if (a) “location services” for the mobile application is enabled; and (b) the permissions in the mobile device allow communication of this information. If you have previously allowed us access to your geo-location data, you can opt out of making this information available to us by visiting your mobile device’s settings for the relevant application.
Use by Minors
If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to access the site or use any of our Services.
This site and all of our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from children under the age of 13. If The Lobby learns that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from children under such age, The Lobby will take reasonable measures to promptly erase such personal information from our records. If you believe that we may have any information from a child under 13 years of age, please reach out to us at [email protected]
How long we retain your information depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We generally retain your personal information as long as your account is active, for as long as is necessary for our business purposes, or for legal requirements.
The Lobby takes reasonable measures to help protect the security, integrity, and privacy of your information in our possession. That said, data transmission over email or the Internet is never completely without risk. Please keep this in mind when disclosing personal information to The Lobby via email or the Services.